Ten Easy Gratitude Habits
Gratitude is scientifically proven to make us happier. I've put this Top Ten List together to help jumpstart your gratitude habit! This new thankful attitude will help your mind focus on the little joys available to all of us everyday. These suggestions are easy to do! Share your experiences in adapting some of these thankful habits.
- Wake up Thankful: When you open your eyes, Say thank you, thank you, thank you! You are alive, and the new day is filled with possibilities for you!
- Take time to stop and smell the coffee! Take the time to breathe in the sweet aroma of a cup of coffee, or home made blueberry muffins.
- Enjoy your morning shower. Is there anything better than clean hot water streaming down on you, especially on these cold winter days. Be thankful for the clean water we have.
- Take a gratitude break. Incorporate a 1 minute break by taking a deep cleansing breathe and think of something your thankful for in this small moment of peace.
- Give thanks for your food before you eat. As you sit down to enjoy a meal, say a quick thanks. Be thankful for the food your about to eat. Be thankful for the cook who prepared your meal. Savor the taste of what your eating. Enjoy the feeling of being satisfied.
- Give someone a geniune compliment! This is an easy way to thank someone for making your life a little easier or more joyful. Say thanks to the stranger who held the door for you, Say thanks to a family member who made you a cup of tea. Be grateful for the small gestures we are given daily by our friends, family and coworkers!
- Take a picture of something that made you smile today and tweet it to #100ThankfulDays. When I am coming out of the grocery store and look up and see a pink sky, even a parking lot can look beautiful. Taking a picture of moments of joy and wonder and saving them will give you a window of what you value in life. These pictures will make you smile again when you look at them.
- Send a thankyou note. Writing a thankyou note, or even a thank you email, tweet, instagram, facebook post will make that special someone feel appreciated. It is important to give personal geniune thanks to our families, friends, coworkers, companies. Everyone enjoys having their efforts recognized.
- Write a short gratitude list before you go to bed! Review the positive aspects of your day. This is a wonderful way to reflect on what was good today. It helps us focus on life's small joys and let's us cope with bumps in the road as well.
- Share your gratitude list with a friend. Sharing gratitude will double the joy. By sharing our blessings we learn whats important and joyful for our friends. We also learn from other people's gratitude experiences of new ways to be grateful!