Thankful for summer movie nights!

Animated Favorites

INSIDE OUT! vs MINIONS

I love the movies! I have been enjoying movie nights with my film major daughters this summer. I love the experience of seeing movies in the theater. Our family loves going to Regal movie theaters because they have amazing caption high tech SONY glasses. My youngest daughter is deaf and she loves seeing movies with the subtitles that only she sees with the SONY glasses. We have seen a lot of great movies this summer. I am thankful to share these movie moments with you.

We loved both Inside Out and the silliness of the Minions. Inside out takes us inside Riley's head as she learns to manage her feelings after the family moves her to the west coast. I loved Lewis Black's amazing anger voice. So happy to see a new imaginative animated film. I loved the depictions of Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear and Anger. I would have loved to see a Gratitude character. I wonderful ride into our amazing brains. We really need all of our emotions to live full, happy, and productive lives! Bravo Pixar for another great film!

If your in the mood to laugh your head off and enjoy supreme silliness go to see the MINIONS. I loved King Bob. It's amazing how much comedy these endearing minions manage to get with their nonsensical minimalist language. I loved the soundtrack from the 80s! Why is just saying Banana funny? Enjoy this nonsensical trek through time as the minions try to find new villains!


Spy Action and Superheroe Favorites
Melissa McCarthy Makes a Great Spy!
Paul Rudd a super hero with a Sense of Humor
Tom Cruise Hanging Off the Side of Plane!

These are my favorite action flicks this summer. And yes I have seen Avengers and Jurassic World, which did not make my summer favorite list. I loved Melissa McCarthy as a spy in Spy. This movie is hilarious and also addresses all the sexism woman face in the world! I loved the special gadgets they devised for her as this female version of James Bond. Who knows what I would do if I was Jude Law's field operative. 

I was surprised to love the movie antman! I could not imagine the power of a small super hero. The movie completely beat my expectations. Paul Rudd was fantastic as an unlikely, deadpan funny Marvel hero. Micheal Douglas is great as the ant man's crazy inventor! Who knew ants could be so smart and powerful. Love this new weapon in Marvel's fun movie franchise.

I enjoyed seeing the newest Mission Impossible movie. Our family has a special thing for Mission Impossible as my daughter Liz got to play Brenda the spy in No Limits Theater Group's production of Mission Possible. I love the theme music from this franchise. Tom Cruise does his own stunts, and it was fun to see him hanging off the side of a plane and that's only the beginning of the movie. A great spy movie with lots of twists for Ethan Hunt's team to take down the Syndicate. Can't they cast more woman in these movies? This film has one great woman spy character and she is the only woman in the entire movie? I did like Alec Baldwin's performance as well as the great Jeremy Renner!

Summer Sleeper and Independent Movies
Meet These Amazing Tap Dancers from around the Globe
Great Performance from Nat Wolff from the old Naked Brothers Band

I was thankful to go to a screening of TapWorld at the East Village Cinemas recently. Before the screening I was treated to some wonderful tap dancing from 2 of the producers of this amazing documentary. I loved the rhythms and tap riffs in the movie. The personal stories on how tap dancing transformed peoples lives were riveting and heartfelt. This documentary will be on netflix soon. So if you missed seeing it at an independent film theater you can watch it on netflix. You can also watch youtube clips from their website Tap World Film. Enjoy these amazing dancers and their incredible stories.

I loved  Paper Towns: a sweet high school movie adapted from John Green's book, "Paper Towns" It's a story about friendship and being a geek in high school. Great performance from Nat Wolff who is all grown up from the Naked Brothers Band. My daughter Liz loved watching and listening the Naked Brothers Band ten years ago! A movie with just a great story is rare today. I love films like this where there are no special effects, just a good story and nice performances from this young cast!

Enjoy these great summer films! Hope this post has made you smell the popcorn and given you some ideas on what to see on your next movie night with family or friends! Share your favorite movie that you saw this summer in the comments,

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart