Sharing thanks for our Christmas Tree

2012 Davidson Family Christmas Tree

I am grateful for my Christmas tree. We took down our beautiful tree after Epiphany this week. This was one of the fullest trees we have gotten and just looking at it every morning got my day off to a great start! We get a live tree every year. Our family piles into the car and heads off to 10000 trees and walks around until we find "The Tree!" The reason we have a real Christmas tree is a good story. When we first bought our house over 20 years ago we discussed whether we should get a real or an artificial tree. I love the smell of pine and wanted the beauty of a real Christmas tree. My husband is more practical and wanted to buy an artificial tree, they are safer, and in the long run more economical. Mother Nature settled our argument when a tree fell down during a Nor Easter in our backyard. We cut off the top of the tree and it was our first Christmas tree! We have gotten a real tree ever since. January has gotten off to a wonderful start! So many reasons to be thankful.

  1. My daughter Liz got her first college acceptance letter. She cried tears of joy! Now we will have fun planning to check out Columbia College Chicago. They have a wonderful film/video program.
  2. My daughter Becky made concert band at the University of Pittsburgh! So proud of her. I got the news right after I picked up her flute from repair at Sam Ash!
  3. I was grateful to attend my sister-in-law Cathy's ordination to become a priest. It was a beautiful ceremony and she was beaming on the alter.
  4. Thanks to my nephew Nick, who hosted us in some new apartments he just renovated. We camped out in Philadelphia. We had fun playing "Would you Rather," walking around South Street and getting a Philly cheese steak. 
I invite you to share something you are thankful for. I love reading your comments.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens