Sharing Thanks for the luck of the Irish!

Hope you find your pot of gold!, Shamrock's from Hick's
Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, the day when everyone puts on emerald green and dances a jig!
I enjoyed reading some Irish sayings yesterday on the Huffington Post.  My favorite Irish saying:

"May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."

If you want to read some more Irish wisdom you can visit A Bit of Blarney . They have Irish toasts, blessings and quotes from famous Irish writers and poets! Here is my favorite Irish blessing:

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."
 I found this fun you tube video of Conan learning to Irish Step Dance! Enjoy watching.

Here is what I was thankful for on St. Patrick's Day!

  1. Thankful to seeing people flaunting there green! I love people watching on holidays. It is fun to catch the spirit!
  2. Thankful to my sister-in-law Laurie who made us a delicious corn beef and cabbage dinner. Corn beef is one of my all time favorites. 
  3. It was fun watching Irish Step Dancers while I was shopping at the Broadway Mall. The little girls were adorable dancing proudly in their costumes!
  4. Thankful for a nice visit with my daughter Becky. She was home from college from her Spring break. I was thankful for an easy ride to drop her off to her bus in Manhattan. Driving home I got to see the sunrise. It was a beautiful start to St. Patrick's day!
I hope you will share something you were thankful for on St. Patrick's Day. Remember focusing on what we are grateful for during the day is like finding little pots of gold everywhere!

Comments

  1. thanx for posting the conan video!
    used to watch conan most nights, till he changed networks. didn'r realize I missed him so much till watching the video!
    -sg
    sejal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing and reading my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your gratitude!

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens