Sharing thanks for an Adirondack getaway!
|Waiting for the fireworks at Schroon lake.|
- I was thankful for the patriotic upstate Adirondack spirit. You can see fireworks every night for a week in the country. All the small towns have July 4th celebrations, chicken barbecues, small parades. It was fun to see so many people at Schroon Lake dressed in red, white and blue!
- I was thankful to get parking at Schroon Lake. We were so lucky to get a good spot for an easy walk to the beach. I enjoyed getting there an hour early sitting by the lake, listening to "God Bless America" being sung by a local chorus. I loved watching the colors of the lake change as the sun went down. It was also fun to watch all the boats gather in the lake in anticipation of the fireworks. I loved the shimmering lights fireworks that lit up the sky!
- Thanks to my parents for hosting our family and our good friend Kavita. The country house has a relaxed atmosphere infused with fun. My mom has a game table that is fun to play checkers on! The porch next to the stream has cool mountain breezes. It is a wonderful place to curl up with a good book and listen to the water cascade outside. My parents cooked us some delicious meals including home made waffles in the morning with fresh berries.
- I was thankful to see a new show about Judy Garland at the Woods theater in Glens Falls. If you are traveling up north, see a show at this wonderful theater. The equity actors gave amazing performances. They debut new works at this theater and my Dad actually met the playwrite in the men's room. They are having an upcoming show based on Georgia O'Keefe and are doing Avenue Q later in the summer.
- Thankful for Ellen and Jeff who invited us to go out on there pontoon boat! We loved swimming in a Lake George Cove. Captain Jeff navigated us away from a small storm. We had a delicious bbq lunch. It was wonderful to hang out with good friends and enjoy some lake fun!