Sharing thanks for "The Heat" and cooling off with laughter!


The movie trailer for "The Heat" starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy!

I love going to the movies with my daughters in the summer. I love the new midnight showings that they have that start at 10:00pm. It is always better to see a comedy in a crowded movie theater. Hearing everyone laughing makes me get to that wonderful endorphin releasing belly laugh! Here is what I was thankful for!
  1. Thankful to see "The Heat" with my daughter Liz. This is the funniest movie I have seen all summer! The comic chemistry between Bullock and McCarthy is hysterical. I definetly smell a sequel in the making. It was fun to see Jane Curtain in a cameo role as a "Southie" I do not want to give away too much of the movie, so you can enjoy the surprise of some of the crazy comedy in the movie. Congratulations to director Paul Feig for teaming up Sandra and Melissa as a one of the great cop buddy teams of all time!
  2. I am thankful to the amazing captioning SONY glasses at the Regal Movie theater in Westbury. My teenage deaf daughter loves going to first run movies that are personally subtitled with the glasses. Technology is amazing!!!!!! Thanks to the Regal Entertainment Group for providing top notch accessibility.
  3. I was thankful to enjoy getting a free soda from my Regal rewards card. We mostly go to Regal theaters because of the magical captioned glasses, and this rewards card really pays off.  Let's face it a free soda in the movies is usually a savings of about $5.00!
  4. I was thankful to sit in a cool movie theater. We have not put in our air conditioners at home yet. So I enjoyed the cool and dry air. I love the movies. They are a complete escape and a wonderful way to tell stories. I guess this may be the reason why both of my daughters decided to be film majors in college. I hope they work hard and I will be thrilled to see their names in the credits! I am a dreamer and I love to dream big. I believe in following your passion and coupling it with hard work and patience!
I invite you to share a summer movie your thankful for seeing. I also love going to the movies in the park for free. Your wonderful comments always make me smile!

PS: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. However if anyone wants to give me free passes to attend movie screenings or premiers you will have made my dreams come true!!!!!

Comments

  1. I have not been to the movies in so long, although now that little bear is almost 4 I think he could almost sit through a good one. Although when we watch movies at home he tends to jump around and re-enact what he sees. Maybe I will give him a little more time to work on that sitting still thing! haha

    Today I am thankful for crazy almost four year olds who always find a way to make me laugh! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, I am always grateful for my granddaughter because she gives me the strength to keep going when everything around me is following apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly for sharing! Sounds like your little bear may enjoy the disney movie Planes coming out in a few weeks. "The Heat" is a grown-up movie with an R rating. Hopefully fun to go with some girlfriends or a date night! Thanks Darlene for sharing your gratitude about your granddaughter. I love reading your thoughtful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I've been thankful this summer for the $1 movie showings at my local theater because I've been able to introduce my children to the theater for the first time! We've gone every week so far, and they have totally enjoyed it! It would never otherwise fit in our budget, so I'm super thankful there's a fun program like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a blog! Gratitude is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Just popping by from the SITS FB page! Gratitude is so important but we forget it so often. I love your blog! - Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie theater is always such a refreshing place to be in the hot, hot summer! We used to take our day care kids there when they did free movies. (Stopping by from SITS FB page)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your gratitude!

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart