Sharing thanks for a winter beach drive!

Sunset at Jones Beach Field 10
I love watching the sunset over the water! One of my favorite winter things to do is to take a beach drive before sunset and go to Jones Beach Field 10 by the fishing pier and watch the sun set over the bay. I took this picture on Sunday. It was so relaxing to just sit for 10 minutes and watch the sun sink into the water. I love the purple reflections dancing in the water! We got a light dusting of snow earlier in the day and you can see some of the snow on the rocks. Taking the time to enjoy a tranquil moment of beauty can really boost your mood! Here is what I was thankful for yesterday.
  1. I was thankful I mustered up the energy to write a difficult letter. I am thankful that I was able to stop the procrastination and face the music and just write my final letter as a girl scout leader. I loved being involved with girl scouts for my daughters and the wonderful girls I mentored. Now it is on to a new chapter in my life!
  2. I was thankful to go to orchestra rehearsal. We are doing a Gershwin Piano concerto, and our soloist was at the rehearsal last night. Karen Faust Baer is an amazing pianist. Visit the South Shore Symphony website for upcoming concert information! Our concert is on February 16th at the Madison Theater.
  3. I am thankful my husband is walking well after his knee surgery last week. He is walking more and his leg looks great.
  4. I was thankful for making spaghetti with sausage. The sausage, pepper, and onion sauce was yummy. Home cooked meals are the best.
I invite you to share what you are thankful for in the comments. Remember you can be thankful for the little things. I love reading about what you are thankful for.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens