Sharing Thanks for being American on this Veterans Day.



I love this picture of a floral flag I took this summer at Jones Beach. The red and white flowers look  like they are proudly waving in the air.

Day 11: #TurkeyThanks Gratitude Challenge

Make a gratitude list to give thanks to your country.

I am thankful for our freedom of speech, for a nation whose citizens respect the outcomes of our elections which enable us to have a peaceful transition of power. I am thankful for our constitution and our ability as a people to be able to keep amending it. I am thankful for the separation between church and state which makes America one of the great melting pots. We are made up of a multitude of different people, with different ethnic backgrounds, and practice different religions. I am thankful for America where creative expression and innovation still thrives.

I would also like to thank our veterans who have sacrificed to protect our freedoms and our nation.


Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Sharing Thanks for reading what's on My Bookshelf: March Reads "10% Happier" by Dan Harris and "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling

Grateful for good neighbors learning ASL