Sharing thanks for rainbows

Tulip field, April 2012
 
I took this picture a few weeks ago. The field of tulips was vibrant, beautiful and I was happy to be able to enjoy the whimsical colors of this moment and capture it with my camera. Yesterday I walked by this tulip field and all the blooms were gone washed away by rains. This made me realize how important it is to enjoy moments of beauty when we can see them because they are fleeting. A moment of beauty and joy is fleeting so when we take the time to stop and appreciate it this good feeling can stay with us long after the moment is gone. If we do not stop to enjoy these moments they will not be here tomorrow. Yesterday I saw a rainbow during a sun shower. I was driving and wanted to pull over and just enjoy the wonder of seeing a rainbow. By the time I found my camera that rainbow had vanished.  Here are my thanks for yesterday.

  1. Thanks for being able to see a rainbow. There is something about seeing a rainbow that makes you feel magical and lucky! If I am lucky I get to see a rainbow maybe once or twice a year. Each rainbow is remarkable in its beauty. You need to enjoy them in the present moment because in a few minutes they are gone forever.
  2. Thanks to the school psychologist who was able to make time to see me yesterday. I was able update him and I really appreciate his efforts to help my daughter succeed in High School.
  3. Thanks to my husband, who is in Pittsburgh helping my daughter Becky pack up her college stuff to return home for the summer. I'm glad that they found a storage facility so she can only bring home what she needs for the summer.
  4. Thanks for the joy of watching a movie with my daughter Liz. We saw Penelope on DVD last night and we both enjoyed the film and it gave us a great opportunity to talk about differences and the importance of being able to accept your difference.
I invite you to share a moment of joy and beauty that you had to share on the blog. I love reading your comments and finding out what you are thankful for.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens