Sharing Thanks for beauty in unexpected places!

Beautiful roses in the parking lot!
I love finding beauty in unexpected places! My daughter Becky started working this week. We are a household with four drivers and two cars so I sometimes drive her to work. Saw these beautiful roses in the parking lot behind her office. Today I am sharing thanks for joyful moments in unexpected places.

  1. I am grateful to be able to drive my daughters places. Although it may seem like a chore, I enjoy the time it creates to have meaningful conversations.
  2. I am thankful for driving Liz to school today. It has been raining here a lot and I was telling her I hoped the sun would come out to make a beautiful day. Liz said, "Mom, everyday is beautiful." I did not know my daughter could be so profound!
  3. I am thankful for a nice lunch I had with my good friend Sejal. We had some deep parenting conversations today. She is a good friend and a good listener.
  4. I am thankful for my neighbor Rob, who helped Liz when she locked her self out of the house when she was walking the dog. His kindness was appreciated. He had a summer job interview today and I hope he gets the job!
Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day Weekend. It is appropriate to thank our veterans and our soldiers and there families this weekend. Their courage and commitment to our country is admirable. This weekend also kicks off the summer! In honor of memorial day I invite you to thank a veteran or serviceman in the comments.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart