Sharing thanks for good health

White Pom Pom Tree Blossoms, May 2012
I saw these beautiful white pom poms during a neighborhood walk. My cold is finally going away. After a few rainy days the sun came out yesterday! Yesterday I enjoyed simple pleasures. A home cooked meal with my family, coffee with a friend. It is all of the little things that bring us small joys! Here are my thanks for yesterday.

  1. I was thankful to cook a home cooked meal for my family. I made chicken cutlets, green bean casserole with french fried onions, and home made mashed potatoes with gravy. Yum!
  2. I was thankful for having dinner together as a family. As the kids get older and everyone is busier it is hard to schedule family time. Last night we all got to sit down and enjoy a meal together. We enjoyed catching up with one another and hearing why my husband does not want to dine at the Outback again.  He did not appreciate getting prime rib which he asked for well done, microwaved. He said the prime rib tasted like leather. We were surprised, because we ate their as a family in December and he did not say anything the night we ate out. We thought it was funny that he bottled up how he really felt about this meal and chose to share this story with us last night.
  3. I am so thankful to be feeling better. I have had a cold and cough that has lingered for 3 weeks. I have been drinking lots of grapefruit juice and strawberry smoothies to get more vitamin C to help me kick this cold. It is so nice to finally stop coughing and getting my energy back.
  4. I was thankful that my daughter Liz went back to the gym last night! She was so proud to to do 30 minutes on the bicycle. Way to go Liz.
I invite you to share something you are thankful for in the comments. I really enjoy reading your thanks and comments.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens