Sharing thanks for bright lights in NYC

Times Square, March 2012

I love the energy of NYC. I have been lucky to be able to spend the past few weekends to go into NYC and enjoy being in the city! I used to live in an apartment behind the Palace theater in my 20s. Very few reputable people can say that Times Square is their old neighborhood. I was working in advertising and going to graduate school when I lived there. Here are my thanks for the weekend

1) Thanks to Liz and Kavita who came into NYC with me. We got half-price tickets to an off-broadway play Newsical. The show was really funny and had some wonderful comedic actors in it. I had a synchronicity happen on Saturday night. During intermission of the show I got a text from my brother Tom who lives in NJ of a picture of my old apartment on 47th St. Turned out Tom and his wife Ginny were in the city also at the Palace theater seeing, "Priscilla Queen of the Desert." Tom and Ginny met us afterward and treated us to a late dinner! Thanks Tom and Ginny for generously paying for dinner!

2) I am thankful for my daughter Becky, who is home for Spring break from college. We met her bus at 12:30 am and enjoyed a wonderful conversation in the car on our way home from NYC.

3) Thanks to our good friends, The Geras! We enjoyed having dinner out with them at Red Robin yesterday. We always have fun when we get together. They are true friends who were trying to cheer us up yesterday.

4) Thanks to friends with courage who are not afraid to stand up to bullies!

I invite you to share something that you were thankful for over the weekend.

Comments

  1. Thankful for good friends. Got together my sons first therapist and her family. My sons was diagnosed with Autism at 2yrs. He is 17 now and has come so far! He is a gifted musician, just chosen for National Honor Society, and is a caring loving person. I have the right to brag! So happy we have friends who celebrate our joy! Thankful for my sweet friend Linda who has been with me every step of the way and in addition to being happy for me she has the wonderful gift of always saying the right thing when things go wrong. She is the kindest person I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for your great news! Your son is a true inspiration. Your friendship and kindness mean the world to me. You are an amazing mother!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your gratitude!

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart