Sharing thanks for car rides

Sunset from a car ride, March 6, 2012

I am a mom to two teens and I spend a lot of time driving. Just call me the mom taxi. I recommend volunteering to shuttle teens to their destinations because it gives you some quality time to have some good conversation. When you drive them with their friends they relax, forget you are driving and you learn more about what is going on in their lives. Here are my thanks for today.

1) I am thankful to be able to give my daughter Becky and her friends a ride to the teen coffee hangout, "Witches Brew." Becky goes to school far away so I miss seeing her when she is away and I also miss seeing her close high school friends. It was nice to be able to see and hear about their college adventures.

2) I am thankful for my minivan. I love the way the suns rays warm me up during a nice day when I am driving.

3) I am thankful for my seatwarmers in the car. The seatwarmers work before the heat is ready in the car and they do a fantastic job in making me feel warm and toasty.

4) I am thankful for singing in my car. When I picked up Becky and her friends they sang a broadway song for me. I love when I hear these kids sing with such spirit and love of music.

I invite you to share something that you are thankful for when you are driving!

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens