Sharing thanks for learning something new: Bellydancing!


Tree Spring Blossoms, March 16, 2012

Spring's new blossoms inspired me to try something new. Actually my good friend Stella encouraged me to go to a dance class with her. It is invigorating to dive in and try to learn something totally different. We have been busy celebrating birthdays this week. So I want to wish Brian, Virginia, Chelsea and my Mom and Dad a Happy Birthday this week. Here are my thanks for yesterday.

1) Thanks to my friend Stella who invited me to go to a belly dancing class last night. We were the only two people in the class with our instructor at a Dance Studio in Commack.

2) Thanks to our belly dancing instructor who was patient in teaching us some moves. She made the class fun by giving us finger cymbals and some scarfs to dance around with. The music was hypnotic and joyful and I got lost twirling around with the scarf and clanging the finger cymbals.

3) Thanks for the joy of sharing this new experience with a good friend. We laughed and giggled so much during the class. I have not laughed this hard in a long time. It made for a great girls night out!

4) Thanks to the dance studio for covering the windows so people could not see us bellydancing! I recommend stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new for the sheer joy of it.

I invite you to share a new experience that you were thankful that you tried in the comments. I hope you do share your experiences, it is so much fun to share what gives us joy!

Comments

  1. I loved the class too! I am most thankful there were no witnesses! My stomach hurt more from laughing than the belly dancing"D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Linda...I can only imagine the laughter in that room as you dared to try something new with your friend. Oh the laughs you must've shared!!!!!! Glad that you had fun and someone to share it with:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your gratitude!

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart