Sharing thanks for making a change


Liz's new haircut with side bangs. March 1, 2012

It's a brand new month, a great time to make a small change. Sometimes doing something different and new can lift your spirits. I'm dedicating my thanks for small positive changes. I invite you to share a small change you made that you are thankful for in the comments.

1) I am thankful my daughter Liz enjoyed getting a new hair style today. Seeing her smiling face with her new hairdo made my day brighter. Thanks to the hairstylist Jim at J. Thomas Salon in Levittown. He gave her a great haircut!

2) I am thankful for my new rule of turning off our Wifi at 11:00pm. It is great for everyone in our household to get a good night's sleep. The internet is great and we need to manage the time we spend on it wisely. We all need to get out there and enjoy real life: nature, getting together with friends, and having face to face conversations.

3) I am thankful for my new 600 count sheets and luxury comforter. I've really been enjoying getting a good night's sleep. Sometimes its small comforts that can make every day better. To quote my husband, "It feels like we are sleeping in a luxury hotel."

4) I am thankful for making small changes to my diet to eat more fruits and vegetables with every meal. Today I had zucchini with some pasta! Yesterday I put some wet walnuts in some yogurt. They were delicious.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart