Sharing thanks for an adirondack weekend with friends


Gore Mountain, February 2012

Just got back from visiting friends in the Adirondacks. I've been out of touch with my blog since I had a wireless computer free vacation. My cell phone does not work upstate, which was kind of refreshing. So many wonderful moments to be thankful for. I was thankful to spend some time with some of my college friends and their families. Here are my thanks for the past two days.

1) Thanks to the snow making team at Gore Mountain. I had an opportunity to go skiing on Sunday and the conditions were excellent. The folks at Gore had 80% of the mountain open with wonderfully groomed trails. I was surprised since it has been a warm winter and the Adirondacks have gotten very little snow this year. Thanks to Dora and Keith who helped Annalise love skiing. I had fun skiing and sharing some of my favorite Gore trails with my friends.

2) Thanks to, "The Schmooze" a local musical duo who sang at the Tannery Pub apres ski. We enjoyed listening to some classic rock songs. It was fun hanging out with good friends, sharing our ski adventures of the day.

3) Thanks to Liz and Tom for organizing and being excellent hosts!

4) Thanks to my parents, who treated us to lunch this afternoon. We had a serendipity moment. We ran into them at a diner, they were headed back up to the country as we were headed home. I love the country house, it is so warm and cozy. My mom has bird feeders placed near the windows. I could spend hours just watching all the beautiful birds fluttering by.

Hope you enjoyed the long Presidents weekend. I invite you to share something that made you smile this weekend.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart