Sharing thanks for a Manhattan Weekend

Spring Snowman

I saw this at Planting Fields in Oyster Bay and thought it was a great symbol of the mild winter we are having this year on Long Island. I did a lot of celebrating this weekend so it is easy to share what I am thankful for!

1) Thanks for a romantic date night out with my husband, Spencer. We are married 21 years, and it was fun to meet him in NYC after work and dine at one of our old favorite restaurants, Cafe 123. After dinner we enjoyed seeing the glitzy Priscilla Queen of the Desert! A spectacle featuring a lot of great music from the 80s. Our wedding song was a Madonna song, "Crazy for You."

2) Thanks to a stranger whose body language helped me avoid a parking lot car accident. I was backing out of a space and the person directly behind me backed out at the same time. I was lucky to stop in time and avoid a small fender bender.

3) I am so thankful for my good college friends! My friend Ellen treated us to a NYC reunion on Saturday night. Staying in NYC was amazing! I love the energy of New York. We had so much fun walking around Times Square, having a late supper at Angus MacaDoo's, and staying up late making new memories. I am so lucky to have such wonderful caring friends.

4) Thanks to my good friend Liz who was my train buddy going into NYC. We always have a great time together. We have known each other since middle school and its wonderful to have a lifelong friend who knows your history!

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens