Reflections on Sharing Thanks for 30 Days

Norman Levy Preserve Pond, December 2012

It was another beautiful December day here on Long Island. This is my 30th post and I want to reflect on how sharing thanks is influencing my life. I have been enjoying writing the blog and I am surprised how it has helped me view any day in some positive light. I took this picture last week. I enjoy walking at the Norman Levy Preserve. What is amazing to me is how nature can heal itself. The Norman Levy Preserve was a garbage landfill many years ago. Next to the preserve is still a town dump. When I visit the preserve you can see part of the dump or choose to marvel at the views of the bay. I am using this metaphor about sharing thanks everyday. On the blog I am choosing to be thankful for the kindnesses or beauty afforded to me, rather than vent about what has gone wrong. Here is what I was thankful for today.

1) Grateful for my second follower! Welcome to the blog.

2) I am thankful to my good friend Stella. We had a nice phone conversation today and got to catch up with each other. She is one of the few people I can truly confide in and she completely understands me.

3) I am thankful for another beautiful warm sunny December Day. Enjoyed taking my dog to Cedar Creek Park in the afternoon and saw the sunset.

4) I am thankful to my husband who is busy putting up our Christmas lights tonight!

Check out the new quote of the week!

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart