Make Sharing Thanks a Daily Practice


Oreo asleep in her new bed, January 2012

I'm posting this picture because after writing the blog tonight I want to crawl into a warm bed myself. It is very cold today and my body and sinuses are having trouble adjusting to the temperature difference. I started this blog to commit to sharing thanks even on days that could be better. It's easy to be grateful for small things. If you want to start a gratitude journal, try stream of conscience writing, and just list the first four reasons you are thankful. This is the best way to tap into your soul and learn what you value or what brings you a joyful moment. So tonight even though I have a small sinus headache, here are my thanks for today.

1) Hearing my daughter Liz say, "Even I don't really feel like walking the dog, I'll walk the dog for you Mom!"

2) Enjoyed making a nice homemade baked ziti for dinner.

3) My daughter moved an ipod dock into the kitchen so enjoyed dancing in the kitchen while I was cooking tonight!

4) Enjoyed a steamy, hot bath and reading a book called, "Fringe.ology" by Steve Volk.

Now time for bed! Sweet dreams everyone.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart