Sharing thanks for friendly conversations with strangers while waiting to get a haircut


Valentines decorations at Michaels, January 2012

I love days where a story unfolds naturally. I was visiting my mother-in-law in the hospital tonight, getting a snack with my sister-in-law and my husband in the cafeteria when a lady walked by me and said I know you. She figured out that we had met at a hair salon a few weeks back. We had been having a friendly chat while my daughter was getting highlights and she was waiting for a haircut. She lamented that she got a bad haircut and that I paid too much for my daughters highlights that day and that we both would probably not go back to the place. She happened to be a executive nursing administrator at the hospital. She kindly asked if everything was ok. When we told her about my mother-in-law staying the hospital she offered to look in on her. It makes you feel so special when someone is taking extra care of someone you love in the hospital. Here are my thanks for today.

1) Thanks to the staff at North Shore Hospital and this kind administrator who is taking good care of my mother-in-law.

2) Thanks to my daughter Becky's friend Shannon who called me today. It was great catching up with her. Shannon is a great friend to Becky and Liz.

3) Thanks to the parking gods, who got me a great parking spot at the hospital parking garage right in front.

4) Thanks to Laurie and Toto who have been taking great care of my mother-in-law and got her admitted to the hospital so she can get better. Thanks to Laurie for telling the nursing administrator we met what a great job my mother-in-laws nurse was doing.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens