Sharing thanks for signs of Spring

Crocuses at Trader Joes, January 2012

Sometimes life gets overwhelming and last night I must admit I had difficulty focusing on the positive. I got a good nights sleep and now I am ready to think about the good things that happened yesterday and share my thanks a day late.

1) I have been enjoying seeing spring flowers featured at the local supermarkets. I took this picture at Trader Joes, one of my favorite places to shop. One thing I love about Trader Joes is that they have gourmet food and down to earth prices. Another good thing, is they have a tasting table and let you sample some of the products. It's always fun to try something new!

2) I am thankful to be playing music. I am a violinist with the South Shore Symphony and we did a benefit concert to help raise money for the Rockville Centre Community Fund. The community fund helps neighbors who are struggling financially get back on there feet. We played Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring. It was the best I have heard our orchestra play it.

3) I am thankful for the musicianship of my fellow orchestra members. Parts of the piece had that magic moment quality to it. This is thanks to the hours of practice that is done by everyone in the orchestra.

4) I am thankful for my daughters. I enjoyed catching up with Becky and working out her housing for next year. It was good to laugh with my daughter Liz at the movies last night.

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart