Sharing thanks for smiling faces on Friday the 13th

My daughter Liz, January 13, 2012

My daughter snapped this self-portrait today with my camera. She captured an amusing smile. It is hard not to smile when someone smiles brightly. We had a happy Friday the 13th. The day was very gusty, and the temperature dropped 20 degrees! I have a lot to be grateful for today.

1) Thanks to my good neighbors Joe and Mary. This morning, a big gust of wind, blew down part of my fence. My neighbor Mary knocked on my door to let me know what happened. Then her husband Joe came out and fixed my old fence in 10 minutes. It is so wonderful to have such nice neighbors.

2) It was so great to see Liz smiling brightly today. She has been nursing a cold and is really feeling better today. She is a kind person, she saw an empty beer bottle in the road, and picked it up to throw away to prevent someone from smashing it with their car.

3) Thanks to HearUS Teens who hosted a fun pajama party. Liz had fun with her friends and they all brought a pair of pajamas to donate to a homeless shelter.

4) Thanks to everyone viewing my blog and a big welcome to my newest follower Linda! I invite anyone looking at my blog to add something they are grateful for in the comments section!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens